Q&A Forums

CHAMBER Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
shane jamieson
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 06:10 PM
CHAMBER
What is a good chamer size for winter 01 02 chamber with a 01 tip or 02.

FOR A p2
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 10:31 PM
Winter doesn't matter so much. What matters is the type of foam that you are using, open or closed cell, the desired pass thickness and the skill, or lack of, of the sprayer.

George
shane jamieson
Posted: Jan 26, 2010 07:29 PM
The foam that i am spraying is closed cell with a A5-6000.

I spray with a 01 chamber and 01 tip, but just hear things from other installers that a 02 is sometimes better. Thanks for the input!!!
quentin
Posted: Jan 26, 2010 08:26 PM
Stick to no bigger than the 01 chamber and depending on the job I use different tips. The A5-6000 seems to have pressure problems I have found if you go higher. Unless you have a HUGE compressor setup it will not be able to keep up the pressures.

Crawl spaces where it can be a tight area between the gun and surface I will use an 03 for a wide pattern. Usually I like an 01 or 02 for walls and open cell I use an 00 or 01 for better control. Just depends on your style and preferences. Tips are pretty cheap so get a few sizes, experiment and see what works best for you.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Jan 26, 2010 08:26 PM
An 02 will give you more output and a wider pattern than an 01. If you are spraying into a wall or ceiling cavity and you don't have to come close to full fill, the 02 is great once you have some time behind the gun. If you are new, or you have to put 3" into a 3.5" stud wall, you might make a mess.

George
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Jan 26, 2010 08:29 PM
You should not upsize the mix chamber insert on the P2 gun. If you are using an 01 chamber, you can use an 01 or 00 insert, but not an 02 or 03 insert. This should have been explained to you during your equipment training. Using a mix chamber insert that is larger than the mix chamber will result in an inadequate mix. This will cause loss of yield and an inferior quality foam!

George
John Shockney
Posted: Jan 27, 2010 12:02 AM
I agree with George the technicians tell me you get a better mix with a bigger chamber and smaller insert tip.

I run a Guardian A5-6000 with a P2 gun and use a 03 chamber with ether a 01, 02, or 03 insert or will use the fan spray tip with the 03 chamber.

The only problem you might have when using a smaller tip is you can get a minor crossover in the mix chamber if you pump the drum dry but take that chance any time you do that.

Thanks
John
Airpro

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.