Q&A Forums

Calibrating a CAL3200 heat temp controller to my gusmer 1600 ff Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Nov 22, 2010 01:16 AM
Calibrating a CAL3200 heat temp controller to my gusmer 1600 ff
Need to know how to correctly callibrate the hose heat controller to the 1600FF. I am assuming the settings on this controller would depend on what type of transformer I am using. I'm on the right track but connecting the dots is proving tedious.

It would save me a lot of dough to find this out :)
Daniel X
Posted: Nov 22, 2010 11:19 PM
I need to know what city you're working in first...

Vancouver or elsewhere?
Posted: Nov 23, 2010 05:11 AM
elswhere. On the island.
Posted: Dec 08, 2010 04:23 AM
............Hello? I cannot imagine the years of combined experience on this board not being able to help this little guy.

Till then I suppose I'll keep using my old controller with the sticky buttons.

ThankS???
Daniel X
Posted: Dec 08, 2010 09:01 PM
I've run an FF1600 without a controller, is your Cal3200 not working at all, or just out of wack?
John Shockney
Posted: Dec 10, 2010 12:36 PM
understand correctly the 1600ff uses the same panel mounted temp controllers that GlassCraft used these are thermocouple controllers that simply turn a relay or SCR on and off you should be able to get programming info from the controller manufacture’s web site or just call them.

Omron has a controller that will work you may have to change the mounting or relay that it controls.

Here is one source for the control http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/OMRON-Temperature-Controller-2TYN7?Pid=search

Or you could call Rob at http://www.mccind.com/
I’m sure he can help you out

Thanks
Airpro
Posted: Dec 10, 2010 05:50 PM
Yes I've run it without one too but jockeying between the different voltages in the transformer while feathering the heating block is not only time consuming, but frustrating and can be a bit of a task for my apprentice while i am spraying some floors up on a building etc. Which lead me to re install the old controller with the buggered buttons...at least I can give him a # to work with in that scenario, even if he has to mess with it for 20 minutes.

Thanks a lot airpro. That is exactly what I needed. I think I will first try your contact in Indiana, and then the manufacturer. Should have a couple slow days in the next week, I'll tell you how it goes.
Daniel X
Posted: Dec 11, 2010 08:33 PM
Our FF1600 without a controller has a potentiometer to allow you to adjust between 0-100% capacity...

It works alright provided the ambient air temp doesn't change drastically...
Posted: Dec 23, 2010 09:03 PM
Indiana guy didn't call back..

I've went through the whole program on the controler trying everything and anything to get this to work..

Here's a question...Who are experts on these devices? What type tech would one call to come figure this out? There has to be some one. This is the final bug to work out in a foam truck/machine that has been nothing but headaches.... Finally the light at the end of the tunnel to having a tip top foam rig is there....

There is just one last hurdle and I can't seem to get past it.

Please, for the love of god...If anyone has any idea...please help.

:)
John Shockney
Posted: Dec 23, 2010 10:16 PM
These controllers are commonly used in industrial processes to control water, chemical, or oven temps. Also they are used in some HVAC systems and a good service tech should be able to help you.

You can email me your contact info and I may be able to help I have worked on these type controls for a local plating and coating company as part of my HVAC business.

airpro@gotsky.com

Airpro

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.