Q&A Forums

Bullard Spectrum Peel aways Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: May 11, 2010 02:29 AM
Bullard Spectrum Peel aways
Looking for peel aways for the bullard spectrum....

Our supplier is really ripping us off on these. I've seen them online for less than half the price, but lost the URL.

I have a bunch of overheard to do and don't really want to pay 2$ per peel...sigh.
Posted: May 11, 2010 06:23 AM
try the spray on release,,,
distorts view a teenie bit
but you just wipe it clean,,
keeps the entire mask clean if
you dose it well
2 buks a peel..
damn
SPFer
Posted: May 11, 2010 10:05 PM
Peel aways are a rip off. We buy clear presentation covers from staples and use a template to cut the proper size. Then, we just tape them on to the masks.

Way cheaper.
chad harris
Posted: May 12, 2010 08:47 PM
We do a crazy amount of overhead spraying, so we've been buying it in 300' x 1' rolls, then cutting it to our desire. We figured it was costing about 7 cents a shield. Only problem is, you have to buy it in bulk, which runs a little over a grand.
jimcoler

I have over 10 years of experience specifying and installing open and closed cell spray foam. I've sold my business but I'm still selling for the new owners and consulting on large and custom specific jobs. 

I've expanded my knowledge into t

Posted: May 13, 2010 10:15 AM
We've used saran wrap from BJs (CHEAP-CHEAP) but heard some nice things about the spray.
John Shockney
Posted: May 13, 2010 01:05 PM
We’ve used Rain-X Wipes for open cell with good results just make sure that you pre-treat the face shield well before you start spraying and just wipe the foam off with another wipe reapplying the Rain-X.

But that doesn’t work well with closed cell so for the past 2-3 years we have been using a Mold Release Agent made for foam casting, from Chem Trend in Howell, MI that they call MR 515. It comes in spray cans or a 5 gal can they will sell directly in full cases or Jamison Dist. In Niles, MI (269-684-4451) will sell it by the can.

You just spray your mask with MR 515 and you can wipe the foam off with a rag or your glove, just make sure that you reapply soon enough to keep the foam from sticking.

This stuff is great!!!

I would never use peel-a-ways again

Hope this helps

Airpro
Bryan Kwater
Posted: May 13, 2010 08:36 PM
How is it for price?
John Shockney
Posted: May 13, 2010 10:48 PM
I think it is less than $10 per 10oz spray can, but it's been awile sence I bought any (I bought a case and still have some.)

One can goes a long way, I think I use one spray can per 10-20 sets of foam depending what I'm spraying.

Airpro
Ivan Pauliuchenka
Posted: May 14, 2010 06:05 AM
CLEAR FOOD plastic wrap. Can`t find any cheaper. covers whole mask, quick, cheap,ease. Love it. Use it since day 1 of spraying.
Circle-D
Posted: May 15, 2010 02:18 AM
I use the ultra-clear bags from GT bag. The foam will brush off with your glove for a while. When it gets a little hazy just spin the bag a quarter turn or so. Spray all day for 19 cents.
Posted: May 16, 2010 06:47 AM
thanks for all the replies people.

Ironicly the last idea is the one im going to try first.
Posted: May 16, 2010 11:23 AM
We bag it. $.04 cents for a 12" X 20" 1 mil bag. We just turn a 1/4 turn when you begin to lose visual. You can use goggles, fresh air mask, etc... still

Safe as long as you don't tape the bag around your neck and shut your fresh air off....
Lane Hogstad
Posted: May 17, 2010 12:25 PM
Race car tearoffs we stack up to 10 up at a time and can tearoff 1 at a time with gloves on and not miss a stroke. I had a carbon fiber tab made to put on the mask that will fit any mask and can be removed with no harm to the mask. Tearoffs sell for about $20.00 for 200 cheap and they work. Check at your local dirt track store or ebay they have the tearoffs. I do have extra tabs if anyone needs some. Lane 605-880-1990
Posted: May 19, 2010 11:36 AM
Turky roasting bags from any grocier works well.
Mike Asbra
Posted: Dec 23, 2010 08:08 AM
I have been using a product for over 10 years that is awesome. They are in roll form and you need to tear off as you go, but for 30 cents per application, you can't beat it. They work on face masks as well as hoods. Contact:

tennesseechillbox@hotmail.com

423-710-1476
quentin
Posted: Dec 23, 2010 10:05 AM
We just went with bags from Uline and it works a LOT better. About $50 got 1000 bags. Not perfectly clear but you can see through them very well and it is a LOT faster to just pull off the old bag and put another over the mask so the time savings is a good addition. Also they wipe off with the foam not sticking very well to them so it takes a while to need a change unlike the peel-offs.

They also are cheap and handy to use to cover other things like lights, pipes and etc so you have something for a bunch of different uses as needed. Less extra crap to keep in your rig!

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.