Q&A Forums

Builder Checklist??? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Robert Hughes
Posted: Dec 25, 2007 11:57 AM
Builder Checklist???
Hello All,

We are a fairly new sprayfoam contractor in Texas. For the most part things are going well (I think!).

We are doing strictly new construction. An item we are lacking is a "Builder Ready" checklist.

Does anyone out there have something they could pass along?

We are looking for a document that outlines for the builder all the items that need to be taken care of prior to our spraying, i.e., installation of non-vented soffit, securing low voltage and electrical wires in the stud cavity, covering slabs intended for staining, etc.

Thanks in advance,

Robert
Rob Granger
Posted: Dec 25, 2007 01:59 PM
Robert,
If you give me an address I will send you our contract, it has most of what you are looking for or call me at 716-801-5100. Merry Christmas to all!!

Rob
Tim O'Keefe
Posted: Dec 25, 2007 10:15 PM
I don't leave a whole lot up to the contractor. If they claim they cover something and you foam over it they won't be happy. We make sure we cover windows, outlets, floors etc ourselves so there isn't any chance of accidental damage.

I do request they seal the soffits themselves though once they decide they are going to use foam. They also must move their tools and items out of the rooms we are working in. Too difficult to work "around" junk.

Tim
Granite State Spray Foam Co.
Robert Hughes
Posted: Dec 26, 2007 10:33 AM
Thanks Guys.

Here's the address. I really appreciate it!

Texas Spray Foam
Attn: Robert Hughes
3117 Hidden Haven
San Antonio, TX. 78261

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.