Q&A Forums

Boss sprayfoam hose feedback Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
bryce kennedy
Posted: Jul 18, 2014 07:05 PM
Boss sprayfoam hose feedback
Anyone try the Boss Sprayfoam hose on a gusmer 20/35 ? They sell individual hoses and I need 2 iso hoses just looking for any feedback.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Jul 24, 2014 01:14 PM
You will need to check with Eric (maker), sometimes it plays well sometimes NOT. I think it works with the series (hose tap settings) and not the pro transformer. I have heard of it burning it up.
Randy Taff
Posted: Sep 30, 2014 06:56 PM
The Boss hoses are total Junk! I have had 2 customers order them and both had issues with the hoses melting within the first couple days. One of them had an E30 and the other had a Boss air driven proportioner. Stick with PMC or Graco hoses.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Oct 08, 2014 09:45 AM
I sell A side hoses, both PMC and Graco.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Oct 08, 2014 10:10 PM
Regardless of anyone's opinion of their hoses. I am a Graco distributor, so obviously I am going to tell you about the quality of the Graco hoses and the lack of quality of others, their lack of testing, their lack of use of the proper thermocouple extension wire, their lack of proper insulation, etc, LOL. I would certainly not recommend using one companies resin hose, and another's iso hose! They will certainly not have the same watt density of the heating element and certainly, the iso and resin sides will heat a little differently. This will result in the resin side being hotter or cooler than the iso side, and probably make the foam not spray very well.

My 2 cents,

George
Dustin Christy
Posted: Dec 31, 2014 08:56 PM
I'm a spray foam contractor and only use Boss proportioner, Boss hoses and Boss AP gun. I love all their equipment and would never use anything else. I've always gotten exceptional customer service and have no complaints. In fact, I visited their facility and was impressed with their state of the art cnc machine shop. I like the fact that they build all of their own products right here is the USA. If anyone wants to call me you can reach me at 318-235-8116. I'd be glad to share what I know with you.
bryce kennedy
Posted: Jan 01, 2015 05:21 PM
Dustin that answer had nothing to do with what I asked so why did you even say it?
Posted: Jan 01, 2015 09:55 PM
Bought a Boss Proportioner in 2011. The guys are still using the original 200' hose on our insulation rig. We had one problem with the hose when doing a new construction and one of the roofers through a 2x4 with a nail off of the roof from about 30' away and low and behold, that one nail caught the B side.

The guys at Boss sent the fitting down and a local hydraulic guys cut the hose and put the fittings on.

We have sprayed Polyurea at 3500 psi with the hose and even though it scared the heck out of me using that hose, it held up.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.