Q&A Forums

Board foot coverage of open-cell foams? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Mar 06, 2007 11:29 AM
Board foot coverage of open-cell foams?
We just completed a project with open cell foam and yielded a fantastic 9856 bf per drum set.

Almost would have been cheaper to go with 1.2 or rigid.

What realistic yields are you gentlemen getting from half-pound foams in 40° weather?

thanks,

olger
Posted: Mar 06, 2007 09:55 PM
been about 16k I'd estimate this winter so far. In 20-40F weather. We heat the area we are spraying in as much as possible. It only gets easier the more you spray!

Stu
Posted: Mar 06, 2007 10:21 PM
Olger has been in business for over 20 years I believe! I am sure he is doing it right!

Tim
Granite State Spray Foam Co.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Mar 07, 2007 07:30 AM
I think the problem is material related, but not certain yet. We get about 13k in peak season.

oG
(since 1984)
Thomas Kasper
Posted: Mar 08, 2007 08:49 AM
I haven't used oc for months. I just did cold concrete basement with cc and yielded ok. I have two different suppliers for cc foam and there is quite a difference. One will stick to anything at the coldest temps I've seen. One you can get some distance with, under good conditions.
Posted: Mar 08, 2007 01:22 PM
what seems to be the best CC for cold weather conditions? and what are the limits?
Thomas Kasper
Posted: Mar 08, 2007 01:29 PM
I actually have yet to see the limit of basf (FE XF 178) I was concerned about using it when it was extremely cold and waited until warmed up to 0deg in january but it stuck real well then. I have yet to see it not stick to what it gets sprayed onto. I like better yields but 3,500bf on cold concrete walls and sticks like super glue is not bad.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.