Q&A Forums

block building Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
philip mullins
Posted: Mar 28, 2007 07:21 PM
block building
had a contractor tell me today that he is interested in building with cinder block. and thinks spray foam can solve his insulation problem. what would be the best way to do this? also, how can i find the r-value of the block to determine how much foam is needed?
Luke Kujacznski
Posted: Mar 28, 2007 09:28 PM
It all depends on if its 8 or 10 inch block what it is filled with(polymaster?? is really good) most of the time it is about 2-4r's for a block wall.
Posted: Apr 06, 2007 04:39 PM
Troutkiller,

There is a commercial project going up near my house. They are spraying the outside of the block walls with polyurea.

I don't know the value of the application but I'm guessing it's a vapor barrier. I'd be interested to know why they chose this application over other possibilities.

Just thought you might like to know.
Aaron Scurlock
Posted: Apr 09, 2007 04:52 PM
IS it going to be bare block on the inside of the building? If not, then you should be able to insulate between the insterior framing members.

If it is going to be bare, Could filling the CMU's up via injection be plausible?
philip mullins
Posted: Apr 10, 2007 07:21 PM
seems that block homes are an affordable option now. the builder that aproached me wants to string the interior with 2x2's. actualy 1.5 inches. and stucco directly over the exterior block. i also thought about poly exterior but dont think you can get any color other than white. tx guys

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.