Q&A Forums

BIO Foam vs Quadrant Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
will rutledge
Posted: May 02, 2014 09:55 AM
BIO Foam vs Quadrant
I have decided on a Spray Foam contractor. He offers both quadrant and Bio Foam brands of foam. I am going to have a hybrid system of 1.5" CS and 3" OC. Which foam manufacture make the best product? I will not be moving into house for another 6mo so smell is not an issue (he said the quadrant has a smell that takes a bit longer to dissipate). Any opinions will be much appreciated.
Bob Silverman
Posted: May 04, 2014 09:03 AM
You don't mention which brand of bio foam your contractor is using.
will rutledge
Posted: May 04, 2014 10:55 AM
They siad it was was called "bio base bio foam"
mason
Posted: May 05, 2014 08:47 AM
The most important element to a good spray foam job is selecting the contractor. Check references (at least 5). Ask about quality of work, how neat and clean the job was, review their safety plan, do they have engineering controls to contain the spray, any problems in scheduling, What type of training or certification do they have? How is their financial situation. Ask their suppliers who else does work in your area that they would recommend.

The contractor should have a preference on the foam they use. Go with their first choice.
will rutledge
Posted: May 05, 2014 09:56 AM
Totally agree about the contractor making the difference. I have gotten bids and looked at jobs references from more contractors than I can remember.
This contractor actually did two jobs for my brother in law and a business I know well. They were very happy, jobs were done neatly with attention to detail, they did more than was quoted, job site was cleaned after and the price was very fair.
The reason for the question about the quadrant vs biobased bio foam, is this. I looked at some jobs they did several months ago and some they did recently. the early ones were with quadrant and the more recent ones were with bio foam. Now I am no expert, but to me, the quadrant looked like a better finished product than the bio foam. They use the bio foam now because it is more easily available but can get me the quadrant if I prefer. They said both are good, main difference is that the quadrant will put off a smell longer than the bio foam. That is of no concern to me, I just want the best product.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.