Q&A Forums

Best Foam Training Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
JohnPeters
Posted: Sep 24, 2009 06:45 PM
Best Foam Training
ALL,

I recently concluded the advanced applicator training program with Bayer Material Science.

I am a regular visitor and contributor to this blog and website. Please understand that this post is NOT influenced or biased in anyway.

Jerry Whitaker and Wyatt Stephens (of Bayer BMS) created and implemented a course for the 1-3 year experienced applicator who is looking to take their knowledge and skills to the next level. This was the most beneficial foam industry course I have ever taken.

The trip to Arizona is well worth it.

Hit me up with any questions to learn more.

Does anyone have any other recommendations for good foam classes to take?

jp
mason
Posted: Sep 25, 2009 07:49 AM
There are many very good supplier oriented training programs both classroom and hands-on. Good way to find out the best suited for you is to contact the companies and find out what they offer, what kind of certification can be obtained from their classes and get at least a dozen references of folks that took their classes. A good training class should take at least 2-3 days of classroom and hands-on training followed by really good technical support. Another good way to find the right course for you is to network with your fellow contractors at the annual Sprayfoam conference.

Coincidentally education and training has been strongly on my mind. Many of you know that I have been teaching SPFA's Accreditation Courses (101, 101-R 101-BE & 101-I) for the last few years at various locations across the country and have conducted a few in-field training sessions as well.

I am planning to expand this part of my business into a venture called the Spray Foam Educational Institute

I will be working with experienced SPFA accredited instructors such as Roger Morrison, Robb Smith, Bob Jutras and others to present SPFA accreditation courses across the country. (along with other specialized non accredited educational programs such as determining insulation thickness, quality assurance, safety and health programs, foam mechanics school and more)

There are many supplier oriented courses in the marketplace. Our goal is to partner with a number of these companies that provide hands on training consistent with generally accepted industry best practices

In order to be selected as part of the Spray Foam Educational Institute the course would be accredited through SPFA and audited by myself of one of my associates for value and content.

I am having discussions with suppliers now and expect to have a schedule of courses and locations soon.

At the present we are talking to a group of suppliers with the intention of being able to present most of the courses required by SPFA to become a fully accredited applicator for either roofing or building envelope in a weeks worth of classes. Many of these companies offer in-field training as well for an extra fee.

So, stay tuned I should have some more information within a few months.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.