Q&A Forums

Best Foam for Around Windows? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Craig Gifford
Posted: Apr 19, 2011 06:12 PM
Best Foam for Around Windows?
Let's face it...no one likes to get involved in this and many times it is not part of our contract. That being said....sealing around windows and doors is an important part of completing the envelope and fast expansion foams (like we spray) can effect window jambs and may cause problems. I have used a number of slow rise minimal expansion can applications (when I have to) but always seems like a pain in the as#!
What has everyone used and what do you like the best?
After all we are or should be envelope professionals and it should be part of our service!
JohnPeters
Posted: Apr 20, 2011 03:33 PM
Hilti foam. Its the most expensive but the best.
SPFer
Posted: Apr 21, 2011 07:09 AM
We like Purfil. Haven't tried Hilti.
jimcoler

I have over 10 years of experience specifying and installing open and closed cell spray foam. I've sold my business but I'm still selling for the new owners and consulting on large and custom specific jobs. 

I've expanded my knowledge into t

Posted: Apr 21, 2011 07:21 AM
I use the Fomo Window and Door foam. I oticed a couple of years ago that they also have it in soy based which works fine and is a little less expensive. Give me a call if you want to discuss buying as I am also a distributor. 585-624-2499
Thanks,
Jim
John Shockney
Posted: Apr 21, 2011 09:43 AM
We had been using Great Stuff Pro window and door their pro-gun is like the Hilti and some of the big box stores stock it so it is easy to get when we need it.

Airpro
mark skow
Posted: Jul 04, 2011 01:50 PM
We have just released ArcticFoam Products which are the ONLY PATENTED closed-cell and low pressure foam (less than 2 psig). First-time users have applauded its unique ability to apply foam insulation in solid strips rather than in beaded trails of foam.
quentin
Posted: Jul 06, 2011 12:32 PM
Great Stuff and the various other brands of window and door foam with the pro gun works great for us. Now if I can recover I may give the artic mentioned above a try and let you all know.
Posted: Jul 06, 2011 04:47 PM
...we have found that if you just dont
do the winders you dont have to put in
one of them there fancy hrv thangys and
the house will breath the way its apposed too!!!
John Shockney
Posted: Jul 06, 2011 11:25 PM
Yes dude,

and you do fiberglass in walls and attics too

RIGHT??

airpro

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.