Q&A Forums

Any advice on pour overs in the field Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Dec 03, 2008 06:34 PM
Any advice on pour overs in the field
Anybody want to share their brilliant system for pouring over 55 gallon drums of foam in the field.

We currently use the 5 gallon buck, filter screen, funnel method. This takes two guys, makes a mess, and risks major spills in a customer's parking lot.

Who's got a better system?
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Dec 03, 2008 07:42 PM
When you get to the bottome of the drums, recirculate the remaining bit into a new set. It takes a minute or two, but you only handle the drums once. What type of proportioner do you have? Do you have recirc lines? Make sure you turn the B preheater down.

George
Posted: Jan 09, 2009 05:32 PM
I have an outstanding system that I sell if you would like to give me a call I can E-mail you some pictures. 678-787-1666
Posted: Jan 09, 2009 06:30 PM
my email is login@roofcrafterswest.com

i would love to see what system you are using.

thanks,

brian
Posted: Jan 09, 2009 07:05 PM
taylor@drtel.net better send me the info as well.
Posted: Jan 09, 2009 09:16 PM
Count me in also Send it to steve@alphaonespfcom

Thanks
SPFer
Posted: Jan 09, 2009 09:22 PM
I'll have a looksy.

prell@caddisinsulation.com
Greg Pruitt
Posted: Jan 10, 2009 06:45 AM
Please sent that information to me also on pouring up 55 ga drums.
gregpruitt55@hughes.net
Greg Pruitt
Posted: Jan 10, 2009 06:45 AM
Please sent that information to me also on pouring up 55 ga drums.
gregpruitt55@hughes.net
quentin
Posted: Jan 10, 2009 10:13 AM
What the heck, add me to the curiosity list too then. I did see a drum dolly that has the ability to be laid down and hold a 5gal bucket for draining but that is an expansive and bulky option for field use.

Quentin@foamdogs.com
David Thacker
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 04:26 AM
Me too Please:

dave@theinsulationstation.com
Angus McDougald
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 08:03 PM
angusmcdougald@hotmail.com

anybody like what they saw?
Posted: Jan 30, 2009 07:17 AM
we pump em over with a stick pump
3/4" fitted hose whip to the 3/4" bung we are working out of
pump the resin (CC) slow so it dont froth from the mechanical agitation..
and dont pump over full...lol...been there done that,,

wrote it up somewhere on here in the past...
go figure
Frank Bood
Posted: Feb 07, 2009 08:54 AM
Im not sure what a pour over is im guessing you mean transfering the remaining material from one drum to another. If this is correct i have a very simple and clean way to do this.

Go to home depot and buy a 1 1/2 inch bung and 6" pipe to thread into the bung now tighten them together in the vise this is an important step.

Now thread the setup into you low material drum and tilt the bung next to the open hole on the drum you wish to pour it into line the 6" pipe up to the drum and with the help of another person lift insert and turn till the drum is on top and balanced walk away and in 2 or so mins its empty. Just lift it off remove bung and your done with no mess. As long as there is enuff room in the drum for material :^)

PS: this is faster then re sercing and does not run the risk of punping air into your lines.

I hope this helps.
David Thacker
Posted: Feb 09, 2009 05:50 PM
FOAMWIZ;

Have you had the chance to send out any info on the Transfer System that you mentioned here?

dave@theinsulationstation.com
mason
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 07:18 AM
impaidby's technique is very reliable and quick. You just want to make sure the A side doesn't have any crystals in the bottom of the drum.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 10:47 AM
rubberband a knee-hi pantyhose on the end to catch any chunks and lube the threads on your pour device.
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 06:25 PM
can anyone say...
herniated nucleus pulposa???

now sing along with 'dude....
i am,,,i am superman,,,
and i can lift any thing....
Dennis Davidson
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 06:51 PM
impaidbyu has it right. Pour them over as soon as they're empty. We tilt the drums and put a block of wood under them to get as much as possible out before switching drums. Usually only about a gallon left. Not to heavy either, a drum is only 50lbs.
Posted: Mar 21, 2009 07:38 AM
...all the while reducing our exposure to
the raw materials which pose the most hazard to the applicator and foam mechanic...

and each gallon of fluid adds about 10lbs,,

hoist away

orthopedic referrals given free of charge,,lol
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Mar 25, 2009 08:14 PM
We like the Morse Hydra-lift drum Karrier. Got one in our shop.

og

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.