Q&A Forums

Another Fusion CS problem Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Sep 10, 2008 09:45 PM
Another Fusion CS problem
Has anyone had the problem yet of the mix chamber gelling up inside the gun. I am having the problem of the gun losing its pattern, noticing that there is no CS coming out after triggering (yes the tube is full), then pulling apart the gun and finding that behind the mix chamber inside the gun is full of a gel like substance, almost like half dry silicon. After scraping out this stuff and cleaning the gun, it works fine again, until it happens again which seems like every 3-4 days of use. I am wondering if the CS is reacting with something in the gun. We do grease it after every use, one to 2 pumps only, and follow the recommendations that are set out in the manual. I am finding this very frustrating, might as well switch back to the fusion AP, seem to be cleaning the CS out just as much (little exaggeration i know, but still a pain in the butt).

One other problem we seem to be having with the CS gun is that there seems to be a constant mist, especially when you whip the gun around quickly of CS coming out which really depletes the fluid really fast, anybody else have this problem?
quentin
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 10:05 PM
As my instructor put it, he had tried it but didn't like it. More weight, more things that can go wrong, more to buy for it and also it makes people lazy on cleaning their guns He was BIG on daily cleaning which is something I fully agree with since it is no different than when I took care of my guns as a Marine and when doing security or bail enforcement. I relied on them then to save my life and this equipment is no different really since it is our livelyhood.
clint moore
Posted: Sep 12, 2008 10:25 AM
Northstar,What type of material are you spraying?
What type of chamber are you using,flat or round?
and what size?
What pressure are you spraying at? the CS is rated @ 25lbs. max.,that is with a 03 chamber wide open.
The gel,is it white or clear?
I have found it sprays well with polyureas,half pound &lighter density foams.not too good with 3#.
Not enough output for roofing large jobs.
Jim Coler
Posted: Sep 12, 2008 06:22 PM
I too have been having this same problem. I noticed that the CS plunger in the back is sticking. If it sticks in the closed position, then I use less CS fluid - logically. But if it sticks in the open or partially open position, it tends to leak CS fluid. I too am seeing the gell like substance. Is it the CS fluid reacting with the A, B or what?

Just yesterday, it gave us real problems and wouldn't spray. It would not trigger and then once we cleaned it a couple of times, something must have freed up in the trigger because then it triggered and then stuck on. Now, it's sticking on all the time. We did notice a burr on one of the air actuation ports that seemed to be restricting the flow. Looks like a mfg defect.

We had to switch back to the AP gun because it just wouldn't work no matter how clean everything was. Still working with our supplier to figure out what's causing it and still using the AP gun in the meantime. This is after replacing some of those very expensive specialized pieces which were back ordered from day one and it still doesn't work.
Steven Greene
Posted: Sep 14, 2008 06:58 PM
Don't use the grease with CS it reacts with the CS fluid.
At the end of the day close the valves unsafe the gun and trigger it 8 or 10 times close the valves and it will not get that build up.
Posted: Sep 14, 2008 07:51 PM
Thats what I was beginning to suspect. Funny though how they recommend greasing it one to two pumps though. Think that this would have come up during R&D with the CS fluid.
Steven Greene
Posted: Sep 15, 2008 11:09 PM
Actually it did, I spoke with an unnamed graco tech who told me to quit using the grease. When they reviewed there R&D files they didnt use grease it has stoped all of our problems we use 3 every day now with nothing but standard O-ring wear.
Steven Greene
Posted: Sep 15, 2008 11:12 PM
The only O-ring you should grease is the large piston O-ring very lightly all others should be lubed using only CS fluid

Hope this helps!
clint moore
Posted: Sep 19, 2008 05:51 PM
Why don't they come out with a new old version of the D gun and the Gap gun? I have both,maybe I'll see what it would take to change it a bit and start manufacturing some of these old guns and parts.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Sep 19, 2008 07:25 PM
Come on now, you are joking aren't you? Are you talking about the GAMA guns?
Posted: Sep 21, 2008 05:16 AM
the d gun was a gusmer mechanical purge,,,
i own 3 with a box full of parts,,,
i hated em,,,stuck all the time,,,but it really was my "newbeeism" and not the guns,,,

hey maxx you wanna buy the lot of parts and gun bodies and blocks and the like???
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Sep 22, 2008 10:55 AM
I know a few contractors that love the D gun, and may be interested in the parts, air cylinder especially. Take a picture and email me the price you want and I will forward on. These guys been spraying for 20+ yrs.
clint moore
Posted: Sep 22, 2008 11:14 AM
How much? I'd be interested.
Reggie Titmus
Posted: Sep 22, 2008 01:19 PM
Maxx
Star gun from GAMA is the new old "D" gun
Linerman
Posted: Sep 22, 2008 07:46 PM
I thought the GAMA gun looked familiar.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.