Q&A Forums

air purge gun problem Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Jennifer Krueger
Posted: Oct 17, 2006 08:17 PM
air purge gun problem
the trigger on my fushion gun keeps sticking open. I've replaced the O-rings, I've replaced the handle of the gun, tried everything I can think of, anyone ever have this happen, and how can I fix it, I've spend over $2000 on seperate parts thus far and would prefer not having to buy a whole new gun at this point.

thanks
Posted: Oct 18, 2006 07:41 AM
??'s:
what psi are you delivering to the gun?
do you tear it down and clean the head regularly, or are you a grease-and-be-lazy person?
have you dropped this gun or banged it around enough to have bent something?

this is a simple air motor and fluid head design...
shouldnt give you trouble like you are haveing..

recomendation...save the gun and parts for parts and buy a new one for about 1.3K$

good luck
and good foam/foam good
Ron McMullin
Posted: Oct 18, 2006 09:46 PM
Sounds like an air problem. You are either leaking air around your trigger, or you are loosing air at the hose connection. It sounds like you have tried every thing else. Try removing your quick connect at the back of the gun and running the line directly into the gun. If the quick connect is faulty, this would show it.
Also, the air filter at the base of the handle may be clogged, If it is, that could be your problem. When you remove the plug, there is a 1/8 inch channel that must be clear as well. It will lead up to the trigger valve area.... good luck. This would be the exhaust port, I assume this is a Graco gun.
Aaron Scurlock
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 09:53 PM
I am using the Fusion AP and the only time I have had this happen so far was when the outide of the gun got dirty. I clean the gun in the am when thingsare mixing and guys aree prepping. Disconnected the gun from the manifold, and air, took the gun apart and soaked everything for about 20 minutes in MEK< and brushed it over, the gun came super clean and no more sticky trigger. You should be able to tell when this is starting, and you can swith them out and continue spraying while the equipment manager :) is cleaning the gun.

Are your pressures equal?
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 10:43 PM
good advice warmer!!!
leave the exhaust filter/muffler out...
a little noisier,,slightly faster trigger response
make sure you are getting 80-100 psi to the gun,,check air passages for obstruction,,

the few times i have greased-and-be-lazy i have noticed that the gun seemed "sluggish" at times...
i think the iso/grease goobers still can get sticky within the fluid head,,have never had it stick though...
FirstName LastName
Posted: Oct 30, 2006 10:15 PM
are you supplying DRY air? Parts rust in the gun if not. i've had probs

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.