Q&A Forums

Air Compressor and Tank Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 10:38 AM
Air Compressor and Tank
What is a good compressor and tank set up for a gooseneck? Top area will be about 8'x8.5' x 2' high.

What is minimum cfm, psi, hp, gal, etc? Brand Model?

This is to run all necessary equipment and extras including saws or would it be better to have a smaller portable compressor to run the small stuff inside the house?
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Jun 24, 2006 06:15 AM
It all depends on the kind of equipment that you are going to buy. Usually a 7.5hp, 24 cfm will run the proportioner, gun, transfer pumps, and mixer. If you are going to be using a foam planer, it needs 23 cfm all by itself. I would just get one compressor big enough for all. Rotary screw tankless compressors look great, if you want to spend the extra $$. You need to decide on all your equipment, look at the individual requirements, and size your comp accordingly.

George
Posted: Jun 24, 2006 06:41 AM
right on george...
my 10hp with 34 cfm free air has a rough time keeping up with my demands,,,i wish now i would have gone to a 20 hp or better..

my compressor is skid mounted (divorced from tank) the tank is all the way forward in the forward compartment with the air dryer and compressor in front of it...

get as much tank capacity as you can fit...more reserve air equals less work on the compressor..

VENTILATION is tantamount! you just cant move enough air..compressors and gens make big BTU's...hot air makes moisture down line...air motors dont like moisture...
Posted: Jun 24, 2006 06:47 AM
if i was building mine again..i would fill the "neck" with air tanks, dryers, storage bins and put the compressor on the floor next to the genset...heat has been a real fight with it up top...
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Jul 12, 2006 06:37 PM
Where is a good place to purchase compressors and/or dryers?

What dryer would you recommend?

Tks,
Newby
Posted: Jul 13, 2006 06:56 AM
eaton compressor,,,
www.eatoncompressor.com

nice compressors..
GREAT PRICE on air dryers...
good service after the sale
good people,,,ask for matt

good luck
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Jul 14, 2006 07:50 AM
Thanks Dude!

I looked them up yesterday and did some google.com research. Looks like they have some awesome stuff and are close enough to go pick up for me.

I emailed Matt last night and will give him a call today. Thanks again for all of your help!
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Jul 19, 2006 08:42 PM
Matt's brother Marc used to be an amateur UFC fighter. I know them from the past.

gcw
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Jul 19, 2006 08:43 PM
Where are you from Newby?

have a great week,

gcw
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Jul 20, 2006 08:56 AM
Olger,
I'm in London, KY will be covering SE KY and NE TN. You?
Posted: Jul 20, 2006 08:48 PM
olger,,you a pugalist (?sp) in a previous life?

matt is top shelf,,,believe me,, service after the sale is not just a sales throw,,,he delivers it!!!great folks,,even if they like the seahawks...

newbee,,,make sure you look at his air dryers,,great price...
and his rotary screw compressors,,,,damn man i wish i would-a...

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.