Q&A Forums

ABAA once again in the way Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Dennis Davidson
Posted: Nov 02, 2009 02:11 PM
ABAA once again in the way
What the heck is going on here!!! I was "dis allowed" from bidding on a 90,000 bf project because I haven't payed into ABAA. I've been spraying foam successfully for 30 years. I'm a certified/preferred applicator for the materials that were spected. We've done government projects at all levels. We even train other contractors to spray foam and coatings and yet we were rejected. Some little snot-nosed contractor with more money than brains and only a few years experience can pay the $$$$, join a club and get exclusive rights to bid on these projects. This is not helping our industry.
I guess I shouldn't be complaining, I've got way more work than I can handle right now anyway.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Nov 03, 2009 09:35 AM
I hear you brother. ABAA is fast becoming a nuisance. We should be training them how to spray foam, not the other way around.

As to work, I understand - we are swamped too. Picked up a 550 square roof yesterday, along with another 230 squares.
Dennis Davidson
Posted: Nov 05, 2009 07:43 AM
And I had thought of asking you for some help on some projects. Glad to hear your swamped too!
quentin
Posted: Nov 06, 2009 02:05 AM
If you need a hand, give me a holler!

btw, sa were you had some equipment problems on the Dayton job Olger. You ever need it, drop me a call and you can grab my rig for a borrow. I trust you to take good care of it.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.