Q&A Forums

A-side gelling Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: May 10, 2009 04:25 PM
A-side gelling
My equipment has been sitting for 10 days. I was getting ready to do a job but could not get flow through the A-side hose at the gun manifold so I took my whips off and the A-side hose was gelled and upon further inspection found that the hose was gelled about 50ft. from the gun manifold back.I found tht I could get the gel to move by flushing with the hose heaters on so after 6 hours of this the gel finally pushes out and now the unit is working great.What caused the gelling and how can I prevent it in the future?
The chemical is 5 months old and the temps. have been around 80 during the day and in the 60's at night I have never had this problem before.
Posted: May 10, 2009 09:23 PM
Usually if you get some condensation through the manifold, there will be some gelling or even worse crystallization. Normally, it will only be either the last few feet or where the condensation is getting in.

I am surprised that it was in the whip plus an additional 50ft of hose.

Glad it is working fine now. I laid up my rig for a year several years ago and ended up changing out my whip, last 50 feet of hose and my A side drum pump and supply line.
Kevin McGinty
Posted: May 10, 2009 09:51 PM
Is it possible you sucked air on the A side? Or some kind of cotamination in the drum?

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.