Q&A Forums

A-5 Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Thomas Kasper
Posted: Nov 24, 2007 10:04 PM
A-5
How much cfm does the Guardian A-5 need including the transfer pumps? I think the machine needs about 25 cfm. So you need somewhere around 30cfm?
Tim O'Keefe
Posted: Nov 25, 2007 09:42 PM
Glas-Craft states 24cfm with the pumps at 1 gallon per minute in their system specifications. You would be best to get a compressor suitable for 30-40cfm or your will be running non stop. Good candidate for a screw compressor.

Tim
Granite State Spray Foam Co.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Nov 30, 2007 04:32 PM
We have an HV05 Hydrovane and it handles the air just fine.

oG
quentin
Posted: Dec 03, 2007 08:48 AM
Olger, since you have an A5 and the Raider, which do you like better for just doing insulation? Been thinking of the A5 or maybe A6 until now but you seem to like that Raider so far so may take a look at that instead.
Circle-D
Posted: Dec 25, 2007 10:06 PM
I have a 10HP single phase, 120 gallon compressor. It makes plenty of air to run the Guardian. It has a continuous run valve so the motor does not stop and start all the time. This saves on the motor life. I got it from Eaton Compressor for a real reasonable price. I had a few bugs in the beginning but Matt, the owner, was awesome at working them out and even extended the warranty to 5 years. It orginally came with 3. He said all the new ones now have 5 years with them. It even heats the trailer in this cold weather, just a bonus. WWW.EATONCOMPRESSOR.COM Skip
quentin
Posted: Dec 26, 2007 02:49 PM
I was looking around and since Eaton is a local company for me I was planning to go with them. A call to the owner and talk with him impressed me enough to make that decision too. It would be nice if the parts were made in the USA instead of it being just assembled here but they are willing to stand by the product and the prices are good which is important to me right now.
Arville Brown
Posted: Dec 26, 2007 06:32 PM
Eaton makes a very good product had my for five years with no problems

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.