Q&A Forums

.5 lb foam with Graco e-20 Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Gary Galloway
Posted: Nov 23, 2006 01:07 AM
.5 lb foam with Graco e-20
I am getting conflicting info about the e-20. Some people are telling me it works great with .5 lb foam and others are telling me it does not have big enough primary heaters to heat the chemicals to the proper temp for spraying .5 lb open cell foam. I would like to hear from some of the people out there that have experience with this machine before I buy it.

Thanks,
Gary G
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Nov 23, 2006 09:54 PM
I would think that the E-20 would have a sufficient delta T to spray .5 pound. I would bet on it, in fact.
Gary Galloway
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 10:09 PM
Olger,

I would love top chat with you on the phone for about an hour. I am getting ready to go into the foam business and would like to learn as much as I can before making final decisions on equipment etc... I would also like to get some ideas about what the finacial side of the business really looks like instead of all the hype I am getting from people trying to sell me equipment. If you will give me a phone number I call you on my dime. I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,
Gary
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 05:44 PM
No problem with that e-20 spraying .5 lb.
I dont know whos foam you are spraying but
I have used it from three different companies
and it seems to need a heat setting of 140-150 F
The only problem I here with the e-20 is the hose
length has to held back nothing over 200'but opinions vary.Here is my email if you need to talk more elb@mtnhome.com or anyone else who wants to talk about the foam business.
Gary Galloway
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 12:36 AM
What I am being told is that the e-20 can't raise the temperature of the material to the 140 or 150 degree range unless it is coming out of the barrel at around 110 degrees as it heaters are too small. Does anyone have experience with this issue on an e-20. The main reason I am looking at the e-20 is that it has much lower power requirements and would run on a much smaller and less expensive generator that I already own but that is no good if it is not usable with .5 lb foam. I would like to hear more from anyone that has used an e-20. I am also considering an a-20 but it may not be any better as it seems to be an air hog. Graco says it needs 23 CFM at 100 psi plus 5 more CFM for the drum pumps. What is eveyone opinion on air vs electric on the proprotioners ???
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 08:50 PM
Get a guardian.

What is the Delta T on the 20?
Aaron Scurlock
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 09:35 PM
With the exp2, it is heating the 540A nicely from around 50 F to 150F no problem, steady temps, good hose heat, perfect membranes.
Gary Galloway
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 09:53 PM
I am told the Maximum Delta T is 42 degrees F by a dealer that is pushing me to buy a much more expensive unit. I so far have not found any documentation from Graco to verify this. I have looked at the Guardian and it appears to be a nice unit but it does not have all of the features that the e-20 has and there is nobody local to my area to service it that I am aware of.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 10:37 PM
I have a chart from glascraft showing the delta T at different flow rates with a guardian, with 6,000 watts of heat. At 1 GPM, the delta T looks to be 50 degrees. If anyone wants a copy, email me. Coming into the winter here in NH, I keep a small heater in my trailer that maintains the temp at 60 degrees. We leave drum warmers around the base of the drums that we are using to keep them at 80-90. The warmer the better. This is provide that you are using water blown foams. Don't try leaving a warmer on a 245 foam.

George
Gary Galloway
Posted: Nov 30, 2006 12:19 AM
I would like to see the chart on the Gaurdian. Also I would like to see a detailed power and air requirement chart that shows the power and air requirement for each part of the system. I ask Glass-craft for the info 2 months ago and got no response as to how much power and/or air is used by the unit the transfer pumps and the heated hose. You can email me at gallowaygd@hotmail.com

Thanks
Gary

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.