Winners Announced for Annual Industry Excellence Awards
Fairfax, VA – February 13, 2020 – The Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance (SPFA), the educational and technical resource to the spray polyurethane foam (SPF) industry, today announced the winners of the 15th Annual SPFA National Industry Excellence Awards. Winners of the industry awards program highlight some of the most noteworthy 2019 projects completed by contractors in spray polyurethane foam insulation, roofing and specialty applications, as well as in elastomeric coatings. The winners received their accolades today at the sold-out awards luncheon held onsite at the Sprayfoam Show 2020 Convention & Expo in Pasadena, California.
“The nominations for our 15th annual awards program comprised an incredible group of projects in our field and the competition to win this year proved stiff,” says said Denny Vandewater, owner of Sadler Coating Systems Eagle Grove, IA, SPFA past-president and chairman of the 2020 SPFA Awards Program. “All entries impressed the judges and the winners selected ultimately represent the best in a bunch of standout projects.”
The awards program recognizes stellar projects representing best practices in six core categories which include: Commercial Wall Foam; Residential Wall Foam; SPF Roof Under 40,000 Square Feet; SPF Roof Over 40,000 Square Feet; Specialty Applications; and Elastomeric Roof Coatings.
The winners and runners up of the 15th Annual SPFA National Industry Excellence Awards include:
- Elite Insulation & PolyPro LLC with supplier Icynene-Lapolla for the MillerCoors Yeast Propagation Lab in Elkton, Virginia (WINNER – Commercial Wall Foam)
- Polyseal Insulation LLC with supplier Demilec for the Silver Bay Seafoods Fish Processing Facility in False Pass, Alaska (Runner up – Commercial Wall Foam)
- Callahan Foam Insulation LLC with supplier Icynene-Lapolla for the Harris Residence in Nettleton, Mississippi (WINNER – Residential Wall Foam)
- Nelligan Insulation Inc. with supplier Icynene-Lapolla for The Hobbit House in Stanardsville, Virginia (Runner up – Residential Wall Foam)
- Wedge Roofing with suppliers Everest Systems Co. and Beacon Roofing Supply for the Eichler Residence in San Rafael, California (WINNER – SPF Roof Under 40,000 Square Feet)
- West Roofing Systems, Inc. with suppliers Henry and Carlisle for the Thor Mann Residence in Croton-on-Hudson, New York (Runner up - SPF Roof Under 40,000 Square Feet)
- Central Coating Company, Inc. with supplier Carlisle Roof Foam & Coatings for Uber Advanced Technology Group – Historic Pier 70 Project in San Francisco, California (WINNER – SPF Roof Over 40,000 Square Feet)
- West Roofing Systems, Inc. with supplier Carlisle Roof Foam & Coatings for MTD in Willard, Ohio (Runner up – SPF Roof Over 40,000 Square Feet)
- RPC Industries, Inc. with supplier Carlisle for US Navy Aircraft Carrier Catapult Covers in Newport News, Virginia (WINNER – Specialty Applications)
- J. Calman Industries LLC and supplier Specialty Products Inc. for Four Naval Buoys (dimensions 40-foot long x 10-foot diameter) in Seattle, Washington (Runner up – Specialty Applications)
- Wedge Roofing and suppliers Everest Systems Co. and Beacon Roofing Supply for Creekside Homes in Mill Valley, California (WINNER – Elastomeric Roof Coatings)
- Central Coating Company, Inc. and supplier National Coatings for Google Building 1015 in Mountain View, California (Runner up – Elastomeric Roof Coatings)
“The attendees of the Sprayfoam Show look forward to the annual awards luncheon each year,” said Tiffiny Flaim, president of the SPFA. “Showcasing our industry’s top projects gets everyone excited about the undeniable performance and resiliency of spray polyurethane foam and elastomeric coatings.”
The annual awards are an integral part of the Sprayfoam Show 2020, the nation’s largest annual event dedicated to spray polyurethane foam. The annual convention and expo also features: onsite exams and training for the SPFA’s Professional Certification Program; a robust 50,000-square-foot exhibit hall; two keynote speakers; numerous education breakout sessions covering a wide array of topics; the Annual Golf Tournament; VIP events; member and contractor-only events; and an entertainment filled roaring 20’s themed Closing Party. For the first time, the show also opened with an SPF Street Festival featuring carnival rides and and OSHA demonstrations. Attendees at the Sprayfoam Show 2020 represent the complete Spray Polyurethane Foam industry and value chain, as well as the general public.
Demilec is the Platinum Sponsor of The Sprayfoam Show. Gold Sponsors include Gaco, General Coatings Manufacturing Corp., Honeywell, Icynene-Lapolla, NCFI Polyurethanes, Polyurethane Machinery Corporation, SES Polyurethane Systems and Thermoseal. Silver Sponsors of the event are Chemours, Conklin and Handi Foam and Bronze Sponsors are BASF, Carlisle Construction Materials and American Chemistry Council/Spray Foam Coalition. Premier Media Sponsors include Sprayfoam Professional magazine (the official publication of the event), Sprayfoam magazine, Building Enclosure magazine, Roofing Contractor magazine, Walls & Ceilings magazine, and CoatingsPro magazine. Additional Media Sponsors include Roofing magazine and PU magazine. Industry Partners include Foam Expo, International Roofing Expo, National Roofing Contractors Association, HPIP, Urethanes Technology and Spray Foam Worldwide. Sponsors of the SPF Street Festival include Demilec, MCC Equipment & Sales, Gaco, General Coatings Manufacturing Corp., Universal Polymers Corporation, Honeywell, Icynene-Lapolla, NCFI Polyurethanes, Polyurethane Machinery Corporation and Thermoseal.
To inquire about attending or sponsoring the 2021 event, please contact Mickey Riesenberg at Michele@sprayfoam.org. Additional event information is available at www.thesprayfoamshow.com.
About Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance (SPFA)
Founded in 1987, the Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance (SPFA) is the voice, and educational and technical resource for the spray polyurethane foam industry. The Alliance is a 501(c)6 trade association comprised of contractors, manufacturers, and distributors of polyurethane foam, related equipment, and protective coatings, inspections, surface preparations, and other services. The organization supports the best practices and the growth of the industry through a number of core initiatives, including educational programs and events; the SPFA ISO-17024 Professional Certification Program providing professionals with the tools to differentiate themselves from competition and a reference for customers looking to hire qualified contractor services; technical services covering publication of literature and guidelines, safety materials, and representation of the industry with various construction code bodies; federal and state advocacy; industry promotion efforts including an annual convention and expo drawing 1,400 SPF professionals, publication of Sprayfoam Professional Magazine; and research and networking opportunities for members.
Name: Mickey Riesenberg
Email: Email Us