The 15th Annual SPFA Industry Excellence Awards Nominations are Now Open!
The Sprayfoam Show 2020 Convention & Expo will be held in Pasadena, CA on February 11 - 14, 2020.
On February 13, 2020, SPFA will host the Industry Excellence Awards Luncheon as part of The Sprayfoam Show 2020 Convention & Expo. There will be awards in several categories for projects that demonstrate excellence in our industry. A panel of industry experts will adjudicate the selection process through a blind judging process. Judges will not know to whom each of the entries belongs, therefore the judging will be solely based on the merit of the project according to awards guidelines.
What do previous winners have to say about the Awards Program?
"My company utilizes our SPFA awards in every way we can think of because we are PROUD of them! The award logo is part of our email signatures, our 6 SPFA awards are displayed in our lobby, our trade show booths always include a few award pop-up banners, and these awards are often made into magazine stories that make an awesome customer hand-out. Participating is a no brainer! Just do it!"
-Bryan Heldreth, President, RPC Industries, Inc. / JACKCRETE
SPFA Industry Excellence Award Winner/Finalist (multiple years)
All Nominations received before the deadline will be entered into a drawing for the chance at 1 of 2 $100 Gift Cards! Submit Your Nomination Today!
The awards will be presented for 1st and 2nd place in the following categories:
- Residential Enclosure SPF - Spray foam insulation installed in a residential or multi-family dwelling in assemblies such as interior or exterior surfaces of walls, beneath floors, ceilings, under roof decks, unvented attics, basements, crawlspaces, under-slab or exterior below-grade
- Commercial Enclosure SPF - Spray foam insulation installed in a commercial, institutional, industrial or mixed-use building in assemblies such as interior or exterior surfaces of walls, beneath floors, ceilings, under roof decks, unvented attics, basements, crawlspaces, under-slab or exterior below-grade
- Roof SPF < 40,000 sq ft - Spray foam roofing systems (foam and coatings) installed on the top surface of a low-slope or sloped roof deck on a residential or commercial building where the total sprayed area is less than 40,000 SF. Includes spray foam roof restoration and re-coating.
- Roof SPF > 40,000 sq ft - Spray foam roofing systems (foam and coatings) installed on the top surface of a low-slope or sloped roof deck on a residential or commercial building where the total sprayed area is greater than 40,000 SF. Includes spray foam roof restoration and re-coating.
- Specialty Applications - Novel or non-traditional applications of SPF insulation or roofing systems not addressed by the four categories above. These can include applications such as underground piping, storage tanks, theatrical stage sets, etc.
- Elastomeric Roof Coatings - Application of elastomeric roof coatings designed for new roof waterproofing installations on substrates other than spray foam. This category is limited to elastomeric coatings defined in SPFA-102.
To be eligible for an award, projects must follow the
- Nominations can be made by any SPFA member.
- Contractor nominees must be SPFA members to be entered into the contest.
- The project must have been completed between December 1, 2018 and November 30, 2019.
ALL NOMINATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY December 6, 2019 midnight PST
- Innovation (5%) - "New tools, new markets, new applications"
- Best Practices (15%) - "Please refer to the Best Practices Guidelines for details on earning these points." Best Practices Guidelines
- Problem Solving (20%) - "Did you have to do anything unusual or extra to meet the client's requirements? Special apparatus, safety concerns, difficult conditions, tight deadlines, unique scheduling?"
- Risk Mitigation (20%) - "Includes Health and Safety, as well as other risks to the client, staff or SPF contractor."
- Value of Money (15%) - "Includes energy savings, but also recognizes other values of SPF. Where the benefits are measurable and significant, your odds improve. Client testimonials are an an excellent way to express the benefits of a project."
- Speed of Delivery (5%) - "Notes about the efficiency and efficacy of the application"
- Environmental Sustainability (20%) - "Ways in which the use of SPF supported environmental concerns."