Water Based Latex Paint Achieves Thermal Barrier Rating with Polyurethane Foam
October 2, 2009 - Irvine, CA. - After years of research, International Fireproof Technology Inc. (IFTI) is excited to introduce DC315; a single-coat, water based, latex paint achieving a thermal barrier when directly applied on polyurethane foam insulation.
In a bold move to show how powerful DC315 is, IFTI put DC315 to the ultimate test and successfully passed two UL1715 Room Fire Tests over two leading national foam brands. The fifteen minute UL1715 is a Certified Warnock Hersey Listing of a closed room test conducted by Intertek Laboratories using a single coat at 18 mils WFT (wet film thickness) and 12 mils DFT (dry film thickness). The DC315 paint/coating was applied with an airless sprayer on polyurethane foam insulated walls and ceiling.
- DC315 has passed two UL 1715 which is Approved and Certified 15 minute Thermal Barrier and passed New AC377 ICC ES, Fire Test Protocol for Spray Applied Polyurethane Foam this is the only accepted criteria.
- DC315 passed NFPA 286 room corner test and ASTM E84 as Class A rating
- DC333 Certified Extended 30 Minutes ASTM E 84 to use in Place of Fire Retardant Treated Wood. The only test criteria accepted.
- DC333 may be used outside with a top coat.
- DC333 Passed Fire Resistant ASTM E119, ASTM E84, UL 723, NFPA 286, UBC 26 2, Extended 30 minute ASTM E84
- DC333 is only Intumescent Fire Retardant Paint that has passed Extended 30 minutes ASTM E84 with exterior top coat on Douglas Fir Lumber.
- DC333 is approved for Class A @ 300 Square Feet Per Gallon
- DC68 passed NFPA 701 meet (Federal and National Life and Safety Code) Makes most Fabric Non Flammable
PTP Paints are new state of the art Intumescent Fire Retardant Paint using proprietary cutting edge Intumescent and Fire Resistance technology. Our Intumescent Paints has been highly tested and has passed numerous tests from nationally certified laboratories and testing facilities. PTP Intumescent Fire Retardant Coatings has been proven by laboratory tests to have the ability to help prevent vertical flame spread, flashover and to help prevent fire penetrations of a wall and ceiling assembly. Simply paint PTP Intumescent Fireproof Paint on the interior and exterior of your home or building. This will create unsurpassed fire protection. When PTP Fire Retardant Coatings had been exposed to high temperatures or direct flame there is an "Intumescent reaction." Simply stated, PTP Intumescent Paint expands, caramelizes and forms a "char barrier" that lifts off the surface of the material. In so doing, PTP Intumescent Fireproof Coatings offers an effective and durable barrier that cuts off the fuel source that fire needs to develop. All of Paint to Protect products are water-based, Intumescent fire retardant and fire resistant coatings that can withstand extreme temperatures up to 1800° F. PTP paints are true fire barrier to a wide variety of materials including sheetrock, wood, lath and plaster, concrete, sheet metal, tin, foam, foam composite panels, fiberglass.
IFTI states DC315 is a water based latex single coat, non toxic, low VOC paint, with the largest spread rate on the market. It will reduce labor cost for installers. The product and process also offer other advantages such as fast turnaround time, it is easily applied with a sprayer, brush or roller, and according to IFTI, DC315 is the most economical “Thermal Barrier Solution” on the market.
"DC315 is an economical and viable solution to safe application of spray foam that meets or exeeds all building codes," states IFTI.
For more information contact IFTI at 949.975.8588.