International Fireproof Technology Now Listing DC315 as an Alternative Barrier
DC315 as alternative thermal/ignition barrier over GacoGreen spray applied polyurethane insulation.
PALM DESERT, CA - June 26, 2012 - Gary Wolfe Executive Vice President of IFTI states, “The addition of DC315 to Gaco Western’s GacoGreen 052 & 052N ESR – 2478 is a welcome addition to our full array of Certified Testing of DC315 on Gaco Western spray applied foam.” DC315 has passed NFPA 286 Thermal Barrier Testing over GacoFire Stop 5500 0.5 lb. open cell, Gaco Western 183M 2.0 lb. closed cell, and GacoGreen 052N 0.5 lb. open cell foam. In addition DC315 has passed NFPA 286 to appendix X Ignition Barrier testing on Gaco Green 052N 0.5 lb. open cell foam.
IFTI’s goal, to prove via testing and documentation that DC315 is the best code compliant solution for alternative thermal barrier and ignition barrier use in the industry, keeps getting stronger. IFTI leads the industry with its catalog of more than 39 full-scale tests on SPF, on both open and closed cell with 14 major SPF manufactures. Any coating company can tell you their coating will work on the foam brand you spray; it is another thing to prove it with testing which is a critical requirement of alternative Ignition and Thermal barrier solutions. If you are not using DC315 you may not be complying with the codes! All of our testing meets the applicable requirements of 2006 IBC Section 803.2.1, 2009 IBC Section 803.1.2 and Section 2603.9, 2012 IBC Section 803.2.1, and Section 2603.10 Special Approvals for thermal barrier alternatives. DC315 ignition barrier testing meets the requirement as an ignition barrier per AC 377, Appendix X.
- One-coat, water based latex paint that offers superior proven and tested fire protection over SPF.
- Single coat application reduces expensive labor costs.
- Meets Life Safety code.
- Meets LEED’s point requirements.
- Complies with the requirements of NSF/ANS1 51 Incidental Food Contact, and is USDA approved for ceiling. (DC 315 is not washable).
- Passed strict EPA – VOC and AMQD tests; meets emission requirements for all 50 states
- All testing is Warnock Hersey listed.
- Passed CAL 1350 Certificate of Compliance “safe for use in schools and high occupancy buildings,” as defined in the CA DHS Standard Practice as a low emitting material in the “Collaborative for High Performance Schools” rating system.
- Applies like regular latex paint using an airless sprayer.
- A single component product.
- Water based DC315 offers easy cleanup of job site and equipment.
About International Fire Proof Technology Inc. : International Fireproof Technology, Inc. (IFTI) manufactures state of the art intumescent fire retardants and thermal barrier coatings. Designed and tested for the global market, IFTI’s products are widely used in hospitals, restaurants, nursing facilities, commercial buildings and residential homes. IFTI’s products fall under the paint to protect brand, and have been developed to provide superior cost-effective fire protection over polyurethane spray foam, wood, fabrics and drywall.
To contact IFTI about certified testing, or to view a full list of the tests DC315 has passed, click on the appropriate link below.